ADO.NET has 6 important components connection, command, dataset,dataview, datareader and data adapter.
· Connection component helps to make a connection with SQL Server. Without connection object you cannot perform any operations on the database.
· Command object is where we provide our SQL statements.
· Dataset is a disconnected recordset which can browse back and forth. You can also do insert/updates and deletes using dataset.
· Dataadapter helps you to fill dataset.
· Dataview is a filter on dataset. You can filter and search on dataset using data view.
· Datareader is a connected recordset which only browses forward.
Taken from the book .NET interview questions by ShivprasadKoirala.
You can also watch this wonderful video of Difference between string and stringbuilder?
Visit us for more on Dotnet interview questions and answers
Ok are you a crammer,then CRAM it by remembering 2C4D, i.e. C (Connection),C(Command),D(Dataset), D (Dataview), D (Datareader), D (DataAdapter)
write a comment