What is Service Oriented Architecture?
Service oriented architecture (SOA) or WCF(Windows Communication Foundation) is an architectural style for building business application consisting services. It will be completely independent of technology and environment.
What do you mean by Service? I mean to say can we call every business logic a service? What guidelines we need to follow?
- It’s self-contained business functionality. It will do everything we want. Client will not rely on multiple services or multiple business blocks in order to do one Unit of Work
- It will independent from all other services.
- It should be self-descriptive. It should answer client what all operations it has and what are the data types it accepts etc.
- Client should be able to invoke them asynchronously if required.
- They should support secure communication.
- Communication with them should be done via standard messages. A standard message means platform and technology independent messages.
For technical trainings on various topics like WCF, MVC, Business Intelligence, Design Patterns, WPF, TFS and Basic fundamentals feel free to contact SukeshMarla@Gmail.com or visit www.sukesh-marla.com
See following video on creating the service using WCF(Windows Communication Foundation): -
Click and see here for complete tutorials to learn WCF(Windows Communication Foundation)