In this article we will cover SQL Server Analysis Service step by step.
When learning any technology theory part is also equivalently important along with doing practical. Students coming to learn MSBI in our Mumbai center get perfect harmony of both theory and practical’s.
What is SSAS?
- SSAS is known as SQL Server Analysis Service.
- In the BI cycle SSAS is an important part.
Why do we need SSAS?
- SSAS is used to do the analysis of data. In the regular case SSRS & SSIS are more used than SSAS.
- Analysis of data means more like calculations which include sum, count or complicated formula. Analysis helps in forecasting the data to the user.
- Generally for billions and billions of data we cannot write the query and analyze the data and for the large number of records we need SSAS.
- SSAS does pre calculation and stores data in SSAS database
What is a SSAS Cube?
- While creating the SSAS project there are many components which are required. From which we have to design a Cube which will handle all our data and do the analysis.
- In the SSAS Cube all the Facts and Dimensions are placed such that the Fact should be in the center of the Cube and the Dimensions should be the sides of the Cube.
What is the SSAS project Structure?
We have to start configuring the SSAS project from Top to Bottom in sequence.
What is the Query Language used while storing the data in SSAS database?
As SQL has SQL query for storing the data in database, SSAS also has a query language known as MDX.
What is Latency in SSAS?
- Sometimes it happens that the data in SSAS database and SQL database are not in sync. Due to this Latency is created.
- To avoid this whenever a new record is added to the SQL database we have to process our Cube in SSAS project.
- Therefore we have to inform the customer that the data which is available in SSAS is not real time and there is some latency between the SSAS database & SQL database.
Many more such theory part is covered in the training with that learning becomes stronger and topics get automatically prepared. Check out for more how you can be benefited from MSBI classroom training MSBI classroom training.